💍 Legal and Licensing
Online gaming compliance and requirements
BetSwirl's application to eGaming-Curaçao license has been pre-approved.
Online gaming compliance
- BetSwirl casino require online gaming license. The initial gaming license is expected in September 2022 following the security certification of the BetSwirl platform.
- There will be multiple corporations set up in different jurisdictions in order to attain the required licenses globally.
- A third company will be established in Cyprus as a payment gateway to enable people to purchase BETS and others tokens from within the platform via bank transfer or debit card. Token purchases will be settled on an exchange.
We will register a company in Curaçao which will hold the initial online gaming license.
The Curaço license will provide access to most jurisdictions. It restricts betting in the USA, France, The Netherlands, Aruba, Bonaire, Curaçao, Saba, St. Eustatius, St. Maarten and sanctioned countries.
The requirements to get the license are multiple, we are discussing with the licensor on how to apply them:
- Geo fencing and IP blockers will be inplace to prevent people betting from jurisdictions where betting is illegal or BetSwirl does not hold relevant licenses.
- BetSwirl will have strict KYC, AML and counter terrorism policies in place to adhere to licensing requirements.